Kirstenbosch Gardens is not just a pretty place, it’s an one of the best venues in South Africa for live musical events too. Every summer the gardens come alive with some of South Africa’s top artists on Sunday evenings. It’s the perfect start to your week in the Mother City.
If you’re looking to spend some time in accommodation in Cape Town this summer, here’s what’s happening at the Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concert series next season.
The Kirstenbosch New Year’s party sees Freshlyground take to the stage for the ultimate year-end party to set off another year of excellent music and great times at Kirstenbosch Gardens. Here’s what to expect for the rest of January:
- Mi Casa - 12 January 2020
- The Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra - 19 January 2020
- Goodluck / Tresor - 26 January 2020
February is the month of love and lively tunes at Kirstenbosch when these accomplished artists step on stage.
- Kwesta / Sjava - 02 February 2020
- AKA - 09 February 2020
- Cape Town Folk ‘n Acoustic Music Festival - 16 February 2020
- Spoegwolf / Jo Black - 23 February 2020
March may be the first month of autumn, but the Cape Town days are still long, warm and entertaining. Make the most of summer’s dying days by watching one of these local treasures in action:
- Matthew Mole - 01 March 2020
- Prince Kaybee / Sho Madjozi - 08 March 2020
- Sun El Musician and Simmy / Lady Zamar - 15 March 2020
- Cape Town Opera - 22 March 2020
- Jeremy Loops - 29 March 2020
See one or catch them all, no trip to Cape Town is complete without experiencing the joys of local live music. So, book your space, buy your tickets and get ready to roll out the good times along with your picnic blanket this summer.
Book the Best Accommodation in Cape Town
The tickets are already on sale on Webtickets, so start planning your musical indulgences in the Mother City now. We have luxury accommodation in Cape Town available close to all the action. Get in touch today.