Long Term Management
Why should you make use of Cape Letting? Because we offer stress free property management!
Detailed Rental Analysis
- We do a Detailed Rental Analysis (DRA) which includes a property inspection to evaluate and highlight beneficial features and recommend an advertising strategy. We will look at the location, expected rental return, market trends and client affordability.
- We undertake web based marketing to source a suitable tenant. We action detailed background checks, credit checks, proof of employment and salary verification, affordability checks and a personal interview.
- We conclude a Lease Agreement drawn up by our Attorney that complies with the Rental Housing Act and The Consumer Protection Act.
- Pay monthly municipal accounts and levies.
Collection of Rent
- We generate a systems-driven rental invoice for first month’s rental and refundable damages deposit.
- We generate monthly tenant invoices.
- We secure rental and transfer directly to Owners bank account.
Trust Account Management
- Transfer refundable damages deposit into our Trust Account to earn interest for the tenant. (Deposit is either 1.5 or 2 times monthly rental).
- Full Fidelity Fund Certificate in place.
Repairs & Maintenance
- Undertake and manage all maintenance and repairs.
- Advise owner of doing timeous repairs in order to safeguard their investment.
- We action ingoing inspection and inventory.
- We undertake bi-annual inspections and supply detailed report to Owner.
- Full Outgoing inspections.
- We generate monthly Owner statements.
- Draw up tax reconciliations.
- Give legal advice with the assistance of our legal partners.
Short Term Management
Let us take the stress out of short term holiday rentals At Cape Letting we offer you:
Advertise property on various portals and sites including AirBnB
Screen all prospective clients Match property to suitable clients
Ensure Lease Agreement is signed Attend to all clients enquiries
Action in-coming inspectionManage inventoryAction out-going inspection
Meet and greet clients on arrivalAll day-to-day managementImmediately address all breaches
Ensure deposit is securedCollect and pay over 50%Balance paid over prior to arrivalPay all accounts dueAction reconciliations for Owners
Maintenance and repairs
Cleaning prior to arrivalCleaning during letCleaning at outgoing
Key and lock management
Hand over keys on arrivalKeep a master set at officeReplace keys if requiredChange locks if requested
Sectional Title Management
Do you need a Professional Property Manager to Manage your Sectional Title Block? Let us Manage the day-to-day issues for you!
Attend Trustee meetingsArrange all procedures for AGMAction all AGM administrationAssist with AGM procedurePrepare and dispatch noticesAssist with Body Corporate rules
Arrange annual Audit packSubmit audited statement
Budgeting and Financial Management
Annual preparation of budget for TrusteesOngoing review of budgetMaintaining individual ledger accounts for OwnersVerify and make payment of funds for Body Corporate
Arrange insurance for the blockAdminister common property insurance claims
Set monthly leviesManage CSOS leviesEfficiently collect leviesCollect on and charge for arrearsPay regional service levies
Preparation of monthly income and expenditure accounts and balance sheetsPrepare a monthly arrears report
Record keeping of accountsKeeping records of assets and liabilitiesRecord income and expenditureRegister of all Owner detailsRetain all records for 6 years
Prepare for contingenciesAdvise and assist in managing the reserve fundOpen and manage the reserve accountOpen and manage a bank account for Body Corporate